Ingredients for making fish skewers
- Gutted and peeled fish (salmon, pink salmon, sturgeon) 3 kilograms
- Natural pomegranate juice 700 milliliters
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Spice "hops-suneli" to taste
- Dried ground coriander spice to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Pink, Salmon, Sturgeon
- Serving 7 servings
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Bowl, Brazier, Charcoal, Matches, Firewood, Skewers or wooden skewers or grill, Fork, Serving plates
Cooking skewers of fish:
Step 1: prepare the fish.Our fish is already gutted and cleaned of scales and viscera, so we can begin to process it for barbecue. Once again, we wash the fish ingredient well under running cool water, necessarily inside and out, and then put it on a cutting board. If we have a whole fish carcass, then before we cut the fish into pieces, we need to remove the ridge and bones with a kitchen knife. After that, we cut each fish fillet into small pieces of size, preferably the same size, so that during cooking, the fish is fried the same on all sides. Then transfer the processed fish to a free bowl. Attention: It is best to cook kebabs with fresh fish. But if you have frozen fish ingredient, then before marinating, we defrost it on the lower shelf of the refrigerator at a temperature not higher 5 ° C. In no case should you defrost the fish in warmth, and even more so under hot water or in the microwave, from this our ingredient will not only lose some of its taste, but will also get an unpleasant smell, and kebabs from such fish turn out to be hard and dry. After the fish unfreezes, transfer the fillet to a cutting board and use a knife to cut it into medium pieces, and then transfer it to a clean bowl with the subsequent marinating step.
Step 2: pickle kebab fish.
Step 3: prepare the barbecue and charcoal for the preparation of barbecue from fish.
Step 4: prepare the kebab of fish.We take the pickled fish pieces from the container and string them on skewers. Attention: if the fish pieces are large enough, then usually one fish piece is strung on each skewer along the fiber and several punctures are made so that the fish piece does not hang. But if the fish is cut into small pieces, then we string several fish pieces on each skewer. You can cook fish over the barbecue in different ways, depending on the size of the fish. If the fish is large, then it is better to cook it on a skewer or grill. If the fish is small in size, then it is better to string it on skewers or on wooden skewers and grill it. It is better to bake small and dry fish in food foil, putting it on the grill over the grill. The most important thing what you need to remember: fish skewers need to be fried on well-heated coals, but without a flame, otherwise the fish will burn. When the pieces of fish are strung, put the skewers on the grill at the minimum distance from the coals. We often turn skewers with shish kebab so that the fish not only fry the same on all sides, but also do not have time to burn, because fish meat is much more tender than animal meat. Kebabs are fried over hot coals without flame for 6-10 minutes. Of course, the cooking time of the kebab may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the fish pieces. It is very important to correctly determine the degree of readiness of the kebab. After all, poorly fried fish meat can taste as hard as rubber, and overcooked fish can turn out to be dry or just fall apart. To determine readiness, use a fork. To do this, gently spread the fibers on one of the fish pieces. If the meat of the fish is still transparent inside the piece, then we will increase the time for the preparation of barbecue for 2-3 minutes. If the fish pieces become dull, then our barbecue is ready.
Step 5: serve the kebab of fish.You need to enjoy kebabs from fish hot. This delicate fish dish has a special taste and charm. They can be served on skewers, on wooden skewers, or with the help of a fork, carefully removing fish pieces from skewers and transferring them to separate portioned plates. Together with the kebabs on the table we serve chopped onion rings or parsley and dill. Also, to our delicate and aromatic shish kebabs of fish, you can serve vegetables on a separate dish: tomatoes, bell peppers or bake eggplant on a fire, and potatoes in ash. Of the drinks, white dry wine is very suitable for our fish dish. Good appetite!
- - Since salt draws moisture, never salt fish before frying. It will not be juicy, but will become dry and tasteless.
- - For the preparation of barbecue, you can use different types of fish on the same skewer. However, it is undesirable to mix freshwater fish with ocean fish. The only fish that can be cooked with different fish is salmon, as this fish lives both in rivers and in the seas.
- - In the summer you should not cook kebabs of sturgeon, as the meat of such fish quickly deteriorates.
- - Fish for kebabs is usually taken at the rate of 400-500 grams per person.
- - Pay special attention when buying fish for its freshness. Fresh not frozen fish has a pleasant smell, clean transparent eyes, bright red gills. If the fish is frozen, then pay attention to the amount of ice that covers it. Good frozen fish should be covered with a thin layer of clear ice.
- - In addition to the listed spices in the recipe, you can add to the marinade and other spices for fish to your taste.