Ingredients for making gratin savoyar potatoes
Ingredients for making gratin savoyar potatoes:
- Butter 3 tablespoons
- Potato 1 kilogram
- Wheat flour 1.5 tablespoons
- Swiss cheese or Cheder 300 grams
- Chicken broth 200 milliliters
- Thick cream 200 milliliters
- Garlic 3 prongs
- Salt to taste
- Mustard 1 tablespoon
- Nutmeg a quarter teaspoon
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Potato, Cream, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Oven, Bakeware (heat-resistant, non-stick), Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Knife, Cutting board, Bowl - 2 pieces, Small bowl, Fine grater, Deep plate, Measuring cup, Frying pan, Stove, Whisk, Aluminum foil, Garlic, Kitchen towel, Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking potato gratin savoyar:
Step 1: prepare the mold and preheat the oven.Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Take a small heat-resistant, non-stick baking dish and grease it with 1 tablespoon of butter.
Step 2: prepare vegetables and cheese.Peel the onion and potato, peeling it with a thin layer with a knife. After we wash the vegetables under running water from various kinds of contaminants and chop them one by one. Cut potatoes into rings up to 5 to 6 millimeters. Shred the onion in half rings thick up to 5 millimeters. We lay the vegetables in separate bowls and fill the potatoes with running water so that it does not darken. Peel the garlic and squeeze it through the garlic in a small bowl. We take the cheese, remove the packaging from it, put it on a cutting board and cut off the paraffin crust. After we rub the ingredient on a fine grater and transfer it to a deep plate. Pour the desired amount of broth into a measuring cup and add cream to it. We also put on the kitchen table all the necessary spices, flour and salt.
Step 3: fry the onions.
Step 4: prepare the fill.In a measuring glass with cream and broth, add nutmeg. Then we introduce mustard, chopped garlic, black and white ground peppers. Now we put salt to taste and beat the mass with a whisk until a homogeneous consistency.
Step 5: put the ingredients in the mold.
Step 6: bake gratin savoyar potatoes.
Step 7: serve the gratin savoyar potatoes.Potato gratin savoyar is served hot. Optionally, before serving, you can sprinkle it with grated Parmesan cheese or finely chopped greens of dill, parsley and onion. As a complement to gratin savoyard, you can serve homemade cream or sour cream in sauces. The ideal aperitif for this dish is white sweet or semi-sweet wines, as well as grape or apple juices. Cook with love and enjoy! Enjoy your meal!
- - Gratin savoyar potatoes can be prepared on various liquid bases, for example, on pure broth of any kind, vegetable broth, milk, cream, sour cream. You can also mix two liquids in a 1: 1 ratio as indicated in this recipe.
- - Spices that are part of the fill can be supplemented with any other spices and herbs that are suitable for vegetable dishes.
- - Sometimes beaten chicken eggs are added to the fill, for the above amount of ingredients 2 - 3 eggs.
- - Very often, in order to reduce the cooking time of this dish, chopped potatoes are placed in boiling salted water and boiled for 5 minutes. After that, they carefully fold into a colander, cool, lay in layers with the rest of the ingredients and bake in foil for 30 minutes, plus 10 minutes without foil to get a golden crust.
- - The cheeses indicated in this dish are not essential; any other high-melting hard cheeses can be used.