Ingredients for Cooking Salmon in Potato Peel
- Salmon fillet (chilled) 500 grams.
- Chicken egg 1 piece.
- Potato 400 grams.
- Premium wheat flour 0.5 cups.
- Ground paprika 1 teaspoon.
- Lemon pepper 1 teaspoon.
- Vegetable oil (sunflower or olive) 3 tablespoons.
- Main Ingredients: Salmon, Potato
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Wooden or plastic chopping board, Knife, Wooden overturner, Deep plate, Grater, Whisk, Bowl or deep bowl, Paper towels, Cooker, Frying pan, Serving dish
Cooking salmon in a potato crust:
Step 1: take the salmon filet.Take a chilled salmon filet, rinse it under running water and dry it gently with paper towels. If there is no ready filet, you can chop the whole fish into pieces. Then, with a sharp knife, separate the skin from the pulp starting from the belly of the fish and moving towards the fish ridge. Then it is necessary to carefully separate the skin from the ridge of the fish itself and check the fillet for bones. If you find bones, they should be carefully removed from the loin meat either by hand or with ordinary tweezers. When the filet is completely cleaned, proceed to cutting into small pieces. Ideally, we should get them 4 pieces.
Step 2: prepare the breading and potatoes.
Step 3: fry salmon with potatoes.Dip each piece of salmon we cut earlier in an egg mixture so that the mixture covers only the top of the fillet and side. After that, put a little potato straws on the untouched and dry side of the sirloin piece. On a stove, heat a large frying pan in vegetable oil (sunflower or olive). When the oil sizzles, put the prepared pieces of fish in a pan down with the side of the potato. On a large fire, fry one side about three minutes until the crust is golden brown. After that, carefully so that the potatoes do not break up and keep up with the fish, use a wooden spatula to turn the fish on the other side and fry until ready 3 minutes.
Step 4: serve the salmon in a potato crust.At the end of cooking, put the fish on a serving plate with the potato side up. You can decorate the dish with chopped tomatoes, sweet bell pepper and sprigs of dill (parsley). Enjoy your meal!
- - if you didn’t have lemon pepper at hand, then you can safely replace it with a mixture of ordinary black ground pepper and lemon zest, which will subsequently give your fish a rather original taste and excellent aroma.
- - if you wish, you can put potatoes in the form of fritters into the frying pan, put finely chopped pieces of salmon fillet on top of them, and then cover the fish again with a layer of potato straw.
- - As a side dish, you can pour the dish with sauce. To prepare the sauce - beat any non-fat unsweetened yogurt with a mixer in a deep bowl, add a little salt, add finely chopped dill, add a teaspoon of ground pepper and add a couple drops of lemon juice.