Ingredients for Cooking Lean Honey Cupcakes
- Water (boiled) 250 ml.
- Honey 2 tbsp. spoons
- Sugar 0.5 cup
- Vegetable oil (refined) 0.5 cup
- Premium wheat flour 1,5-2 cups
- Soda 1.5 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Nuts, dried fruits to taste
- Main ingredients
- Serving 5 servings
Inventory:Bowl, Strainer, Whisk, Kitchen knife, Baking dishes, Oven
Cooking Lean Honey Cupcakes:
Step 1: Knead the dough.Pour warm water into a bowl, add sugar, honey, a pinch of salt and refined vegetable oil to it. Thoroughly mix the mass until sugar and honey are completely dissolved. Combine the flour with soda and sift through a sieve into a bowl with a sugar-honey mixture. Using a whisk, mix the dough until smooth. The dough should turn out pretty liquid (even more than dough for fritters) and without lumps. Dried fruits are thoroughly washed with cold running water, with nuts (if they are already peeled) we do the same. Finely chop the dried fruits and nuts, add to the dough and mix.
Step 2: Bake the Lenten Cupcakes.We prepare the molds and pour the dough on them, but not to the edges, but about 2/3 of the height - when baking, the muffins will rise. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and send muffins there to bake on 15-20 minutes to a beautiful brownish color. We check readiness by sticking a toothpick in one of the cupcakes - if the toothpick remains dry, the dough is baked.
Step 3: Serve the Lenten Honey Cupcakes.Ready cupcakes are allowed to cool slightly, take them out of the molds and serve. Ready-made muffins can be sprinkled with powdered sugar on top. Enjoy your meal!
- - Fillers for the dough may be different - try baking muffins with chocolate chips, seeds or slices of marmalade.
- - Silicone molds are easier to handle than iron. In order to remove the silicone mold, you just need to turn it inside out.
- - Check the consistency of the dough when adding flour. It must be really liquid, otherwise the muffins will not rise when baked.
- - Pay attention to the quality of vegetable oil. It should be odorless and tasteless, which can ruin the taste of muffins.
- - Honey in the recipe is required: it extinguishes soda and gives the cupcakes a beautiful golden hue, and the aroma to the dough.