Shrimp Julienne Ingredients
- Frozen shrimps - 200 grams. taste
- Butter 20 grams.
- Hard cheese 50 grams.
- Mayonnaise 2 tablespoons.
- Cream (30% fat) 3 tablespoons.
- Premium wheat flour 1 tablespoon.
- Water 1.5 cups.
- Salt to taste.
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Saucepan, Skimmer, Bowl, Plate, Grater, Kokotnitsy, Spoon, Cooker with oven
Cooking shrimp julienne:
Step 1: boil the shrimp.Put a pot of water on a strong fire, add salt to taste and bring to a boil. Put frozen shrimp in boiling water and leave to cook. within 2-4 minutes. If the prawns are digested, their meat will become tough, so turn off the fire immediately, as the prawns begin to float to the surface of the water. We will take the finished shrimp out of the water using a slotted spoon and leave to cool on a plate or put in a colander and cool under a stream of cold water. Leave the broth in which the shrimps were cooked. We will need it for the sauce.
Step 2: cut the shrimp.
Step 3: prepare the sauce.In a deep bowl, dilute the flour in a small amount of warm boiled water, constantly stirring with a spoon, until the consistency of liquid sour cream. Add 5 tablespoons of the broth, which boiled shrimp, mayonnaise, cream, salt and mix with a spoon. If your sauce is very thick, then you can add a little more broth in which the shrimp was cooked.
Step 4: prepare the cheese.Cheese grated on a fine grater.
Step 5: cook the shrimp julienne.Shrimp put in a bowl with sauce, mix with a spoon. The resulting mixture is transferred to the cocotte, sprinkle with cheese and spread a small piece of butter. Put the julienne in preheated up to 190 ° C oven on 12-15 minutesuntil the cheese is lightly browned.
Step 6: serve the shrimp julienne.Serve hot julienne in cocotte makers. You can decorate with herbs, whole shrimp and a slice of lemon. Enjoy your meal!
- - It is very convenient to cook julienne from shrimps frozen without shells. They do not need to be boiled, just defrost it, and add the liquid that remains from the defrost to the sauce.
- - Since julienne is served hot, wrap the handle of the cocotte with a paper towel so as not to burn yourself.
- - If you do not have cocotte makers, then you can cook julienne in any baking dish.
- - Finely chopped fried champignons can be added to julienne.